What just happened? Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos in a recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission disclosed that he has transferred round 19.7 million shares of his company’s stock to his ex-wife, MacKenzie, per their divorce settlement. A quarter of their joint stake in Amazon, the stock bundle is worth roughly $37 billion, making her the 23rd richest person in the world according to the Bloomberg Billionaires Index. The filing also revealed that Jeff Bezos sold 968,148 shares of Amazon stock over the past few days, netting him around $1.4 billion after taxes. A spokesperson for Amazon did not comment on the purpose of Bezos’ latest stock sale when pinged by Forbes although large sales like this are not uncommon. In the past, Bezos has unloaded chunks of Amazon stock in order to fund his space exploration company, Blue Origin. MacKenzie Bezos in May pledged to donate at least half of her fortune through the Giving Pledge, a charitable organization that encourages wealthy individuals to contribute at least half of their net worth to philanthropic causes. It was founded by Warren Buffett and Bill and Melinda Gates in 2010 and as of today, 204 of the world’s wealthiest individuals,… Read full this story
- Jeff Bezos: Meet the Amazon boss behind the trillion dollar company
- What is Jeff Bezos’ net worth, is he the world’s richest man, who is his wife MacKenzie and how old is the Amazon boss?
- Amazon becomes second trillion-dollar company in U.S.
- Amazon became the second company after Apple to reach a market value of USD 1,000 bln
- Mainstream media gangs up on Sanders over ‘Stop BEZOS’ bill
- Amazon's $1 trillion market cap is the kind of attention it may not want
- Church keeps Amazon shares despite criticism
- Amazon may soon overtake Apple as world's most valuable public company
- Airbus names Faury to pilot planemaker through turbulence
- Reasons why Kroenke has moved for full control of Arsenal now
MacKenzie Bezos is now officially the second largest Amazon shareholder have 311 words, post on www.techspot.com at August 1, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.