Want to read more?
We value our content, so access to our full site is only available on subscription.
Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device.
And there’s more – your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards
The search operation continues for a 23-year-old man reported missing after a boat capsized on Loch Awe.
The emergency services received reports at around 4.40pm on Saturday August 17 that a boat with three men on board had capsized.
Two men, aged 23 and 37, managed to swim to a nearby island in the loch, where they raised the alarm and from where they were rescued and taken by ambulance to Lorn and Islands Hospital in Oban.
Both men have now been discharged from hospital.
A police spokesperson said: ‘A multi-agency search for the third man, aged 23, involving specialist police search teams and the Maritime and Coastguard Agency, resumed this morning (Sunday).
‘Enquiries in to the circumstances surrounding the incident are continuing.’
- Teen Found Wandering Around Kentucky Is Not Missing Boy Timmothy Pitzen. He’s Actually a 23-Year-Old Man.
- Timmothy Pitzen: Teen claiming to be missing boy is actually 23-year-old man
- 23-year-old man nearly stabbed to death in San Francisco's Fillmore
- ‘Teen’ claiming to be missing boy Timmothy Pitzen is actually a 23-year-old man
- Police identify 23-year-old man gunned down in Jackson drive-by shooting
- 23-year-old man issued $1 million bond in fatal Laurel shooting
- UPDATE: Missing 23-year-old man from Sidney found
- Teenage boy, 16, charged with the murder of 23-year-old
- Museum visitors watch as 38-year-old man falls 50 to his death
- Woman in 60s arrested after 67-year-old man dies of stab wounds