Marathon man Llyr Tobias has raised £5,614 for Children With Cancer UK.
The 26-year-old from Croeslan, Llandysul raised the money after completing the London Marathon in four hours, 21 minutes.
Llyr Tobias said: “I chose the charity as I believe every child should get the chance to live a happy and joyful life,” he told the Cambrian News.
“This money will go towards funding vital research and help save lives of children diagnosed with cancer.
“The marathon was an amazing experience, tough going, but I am so, so happy that I have raised £5,614 for Children with Cancer UK.”
Have you been fundraising for a good cause? Let us know all about it by emailing [email protected]
- Breast cancer charities: Where to give — and where to avoid
- Federal suit charges cancer charities’ $187 million in donations actually funded Disney World trips, dating services
- Dave Sims to ride grueling Tour de France course on a kid’s bike to raise money for charity
- Matthew Reeve, son of Christopher, will run NYC Marathon to raise money for spinal-cord injuries
- Will Ferrell plays all nine positions in MLB spring training games Thursday (no joke), raises money for charity, records HBO special
- People raise $1B for charities on Facebook, reminding us internet isn't all bad
- Elton John is cancer charity's shining knight
- Hormones raise breast cancer risk - study
- Queens pair to in-line skate across United States to raise money for charities
- Two men make a poo canoe; will paddle English channel to raise money for charity