Midfielder Fernandinho is back in contention as Manchester City have close to a fully-fit squad available.
Winger Leroy Sane is the only major absentee as he awaits knee surgery while left-back Benjamin Mendy is unlikely to be involved as he builds up match fitness.
Tottenham are still without hamstring injury victims Dele Alli and Ryan Sessegnon.
Juan Foyth and Son Heung-min are both suspended but Spurs are otherwise at full strength.
Man City XI: Ederson; Walker, Otamendi, Laporte, Zinchenko; Rodrigo, Gundogan, De Bruyne; Sterling, Bernardo, Aguero.
Tottenham XI: Lloris; Walker-Peters, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose; Winks, Sissoko, Ndombele, Eriksen, Lamela; Kane.
It’s rather quiet inside the Etihad right now.
A little too quiet.
Plenty of fans milling around outside mind.
200 up for Rose
Such a surprise that he looked likely to leave at one point earlier this month.
Today, it’s his 200th Spurs appearance.
Team News – Spurs
Tottenham’s team is in.
Christian Eriksen starts in midfield.
Jan Vertonghen is only on the bench.
Lucas Moura drops out.
TEAM NEWS – Man City
The Man City team is in.
David Silva and Riyad Mahrez and Gabriel Jesus drop to the bench.
Bernardo Silva and Sergio Aguero both start, as does Ilkay Gundogan.
Kevin de Bruyne is captain today.
Guardiola pushes Sterling on
Pep Guardiola claims Raheem Sterling can still reach yet another level.
Sterling is now firmly established as one of the Premier League’s most influential players after two outstanding seasons for Manchester City.
Yet, despite Sterling continuing in much the same vein with a season-opening hat-trick against West Ham last week, Guardiola is still expecting more of the 24-year-old.
Asked if Sterling is now the best player in the competition, Guardiola said: “There are many, he is one of them. Look at the top six teams and you will find many, many players.
“The Premier League is incredible. We are surrounded by incredibly good players. We have many.
“I didn’t watch all the other games but he’s playing so good from the beginning, in terms of being clinical, but we want more.
“Everybody wants more, he wants more. It was just the first game of the Premier League season.”
- Soccer Live Scores
- Living In An Oil Rich City
- Vertical Gardens & Living Walls - Greening Up the City!
- Games with Gold October 2019: Xbox Live Free Games update warning
- The Person Living with Abundance - "Do-Have-Be" Vs "Be-Have-Do"
- Do You Want Your Team to Score More Goals? Double Your Goal Scoring Opportunities
- Top 5 Selling Manchester City Football Club Books Reviewed
- Effective Goal Setting, Visualizing Your Goals to Bring Them to Reality, Part Three of Three
- Football Goal Scorers and Football Team Statistics Live on Your Laptop
- Credit Report-Credit Score Monitoring - Why It's So Important to Regularly Get Accurate Information