Jeffrey Epstein’s death in prison from an apparent suicide as he awaited trial on sex trafficking charges came after newly released testimony linked the disgraced financier to several high-profile personalities. The warden at the federal jail where Jeffrey Epstein took his own life over the weekend was removed Tuesday and two guards who were supposed to be watching the financier were placed on leave while federal authorities investigate the death.The move by the Justice Department came amid mounting evidence that the chronically understaffed Metropolitan Correctional Centre may have bungled its responsibility to keep the 66-year-old Epstein from harming himself while he awaited trial on charges of sexually abusing teenage girls.Epstein was taken off a suicide watch last month for reasons that have not been explained, and was supposed to have been checked on by a guard every 30 minutes. But investigators learned those checks weren’t done for several hours before he was found Saturday morning, according to a person familiar with the case who was not authorized to discuss it and spoke on condition of anonymity. Epstein’s French connections Guards on the unit are now suspected of falsifying log entries to show they were making the checks, according to another… Read full this story
- Report: Jeffrey Epstein’s Body Claimed by Unnamed Associate
- Jeffrey Epstein Not on Suicide Watch When He Died: Sources
- Medical Examiner Rules Epstein Death a Suicide by Hanging
- Barr Removes Federal Prisons Chief in Wake of Epstein Death
- Questions swirl around Epstein’s monitoring before suicide
- Epstein Questions Deepen After Report that Jail Broke Rules
- Instagram Now Fact-Checks, but Who Will Do the Checking?
- Florida sheriff calls woman's domestic abuse murder worst he's ever seen, calls for laws to change
- Newbie Recap: “Tempus Fugit,” “Max,” and “Synchrony”
- Sundance unveils 2010 lineup
Jeffrey Epstein guards suspected of falsifying check-in logs have 291 words, post on www.france24.com at August 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.