The Minister at the centre of Boris Johnson’s shock move to suspend Parliament today dares his opponents to bring down the Government – then watch the Prime Minister sweep to a thumping Election victory. Jacob Rees-Mogg accuses ‘deceitful’ and ‘underhand’ MPs planning a last-ditch Commons move to block No Deal Brexit of being too frightened to call a vote of no confidence in Mr Johnson because it would lead to a crushing defeat of Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn in a snap poll. Mr Rees-Mogg, who went to Balmoral to gain the Queen’s approval for the dramatic suspension last week, lays down the gauntlet as an exclusive Mail on Sunday poll predicts Mr Johnson would win a majority of 28 seats in an Election – rising to 84 if Nigel Farage’s Brexit Party stands aside. Plotters including former Chancellor Philip Hammond hope to seize control of the Commons agenda from the Government this week, allowing them to pass laws that would thwart No Deal. Jacob Rees-Mogg accuses ‘deceitful’ and ‘underhand’ MPs planning a last-ditch Commons move to block No Deal Brexit of being too frightened to call a vote of no confidence in Mr Johnson But writing in this newspaper, Mr Rees-Mogg,… Read full this story
- Jacob Rees-Mogg rails against 'gloomy' Tory tactics in 2017 election
- 'You need to resign, you're an actual piece of s***': Stormzy hits out at Jacob Rees-Mogg for suggesting Grenfell Tower victims who followed fire brigade advice to stay put lacked 'common sense' - as Tory MP issues 'profound apology'
- Boris Johnson gathers top aides at Chequers to plot tactics for showdown with Tory Remainer rebels as he warns they risk throwing the country into 'Corbyn chaos' by derailing Brexit plan
- Boris Johnson gathers Cabinet in frantic hunt for a way out of Remainer trap: PM holds crisis talks with his ministers as Labour threatens to delay election until DECEMBER to destroy his 'do or die' Brexit vow
- Boris Johnson’s brutish parliamentary performance defied all democratic dignity
- Boris Johnson 'prepares to sack five women from his Cabinet but plans to promote junior female staffers amid concerns over sexism accusations'
- Why should I fear the Conservatives? 24 awful policies you can't forget as Boris Johnson looks set for Number 10
- The election is too close to call: 'Mega' turnout has nervous Tories fearing Boris Johnson's huge poll lead has slipped away while Labour claim their 'red wall' is NOT crumbling
- 'The workers are coming for you!' Labour declares class war as Jeremy Corbyn says Boris Johnson wants Brexit for his 'wealthy friends' while union baron Len McCluskey vows to fight the PM 'in our factories'
- 'Today is the day': Boris Johnson hails 'the dawn of a new era' as he heads up North for historic Cabinet meeting as Britain prepares to finally leave the EU at 11pm TONIGHT
Jacob Rees-Mogg DARES Remainers to try and bring down Boris Johnson next week and accuses them of being 'scared' of an election as new poll shows PM would win 24 seat majority have 462 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 31, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.