EVERY year, The Queen heads up to the Scottish highlands to enjoy some time away from the spotlight at her favourite royal residence at Balmoral. The Scottish castle has been in the Royal Family since 1852 and boasts over 50,000 acres of land, 52 bedrooms and is estimated to be worth a cool £155 million according to Business Insider. However, the breath-taking estate – situated in Royal Deeside, Aberdeenshire – holds more than just monetary value for the Royals as the sprawling countryside castle allows them privacy away from The Queen’s Buckingham Palace headquarters. In the recent documentary Our Queen at Ninety, Princess Eugenie said her grandmother is “the most happy” during her Balmoral visits as she occupies her time with “walks, picnics and a lot of dogs”. What’s more, Prince Philip has taken a keen interest in gardening and “created a large vegetable garden” which adjoins to the lavish gardens on the North side of the castle, the Royal Family’s website reveals. And according to Balmoral’s official website, The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh “take a close personal interest in running and improving the Estates” and visit the castle at least once a year on their summer break.The first… Read full this story
- Fergie 'cuts short Balmoral trip after Prince Philip turns up early for holiday'
- 'Harry has got to sort himself out': Queen's former spokesman Dickie Arbiter says prince must heal rift with brother William with Meghan's help amid fears that couple's decision to shun royal Christmas could split family
- Did Prince Philip force Sarah Ferguson to cut her Balmoral stay short? Duchess of York 'leaves Scottish retreat after Duke of Edinburgh turns up early for his summer holiday'
- Clothing Meghan Markle is 'banned' from wearing as the Queen 'hates them'
- Inside Royal Family's Balmoral holiday - with five outfit changes a day and strict schedule
- Meghan Markle to be treated by Queen to 'special gift' for 38th birthday
- Margaret Thatcher gave the Queen rubber gloves as a gift after Balmoral visit
- Queen's Balmoral estate trashed by litter louts who dump piles of plastic waste
- Prince Andrew boards private jet at Aberdeen airport as he ends Balmoral break just days after the Royals rallied round him over jail cell suicide of paedophile friend Jeffrey Epstein
- Meghan Markle and Kate Middleton 'to stay in separate houses at Balmoral to 'ease pressure''
Inside £115m Balmoral Castle where the Queen spends her summer holidays, including 52 bedrooms, Prince Philip’s vegetable patch and A LOT of bats have 383 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at August 6, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.