New Brighton will welcome a huge pirate festival later this weekend as swashbucklers take over the promenade .
Pirate Fest will take over the waterfront on August 17 and 18, with pirate parades, live music, real life pirate ships and more.
Each day will see a huge pirate battle take place, along with live music performed on pirate ship Float Galleon.
The weekend will also feature musket firing displays and workshop, a best dressed pirate competition and huge battles ending in No More Knives ceremonies.
The event is completely free to attend and visitors are encouraged to attend in fancy dress to find out who the best dressed pirate is.
Pirate Fest runs from 11am until 5pm on Saturday, and 11am to 4:30pm on Sunday.
For the full lineup for Pirate Fest, check the Facebook page.
Sign up to the What’s On newsletter – packed with brilliant things to see and do in Liverpool and beyond.
- New Brighton Seaside Festival unveils music line-up
- Popular continental market is returning to New Brighton
- Why is there a massive clown in New Brighton?
- All the treasures New Brighton has lost over the years
- The Pirate Festivals of Florida
- The secrets of New Brighton that you need to know about
- Wirral giant enjoys New Brighton seafront walk
- Fort Lauderdale Pirate Festival Launches at Esplanade Park
- 28 years on, the story of the storm that destroyed New Brighton Baths