New Brighton will welcome a huge pirate festival later this weekend as swashbucklers take over the promenade . Pirate Fest will take over the waterfront on August 17 and 18, with pirate parades, live music, real life pirate ships and more. Each day will see a huge pirate battle take place, along with live music performed on pirate ship Float Galleon. The weekend will also feature musket firing displays and workshop, a best dressed pirate competition and huge battles ending in No More Knives ceremonies. The event is completely free to attend and visitors are encouraged to attend in fancy dress to find out who the best dressed pirate is. Pirate Fest runs from 11am until 5pm on Saturday, and 11am to 4:30pm on Sunday. For the full lineup for Pirate Fest, check the Facebook page. Sign up to the What’s On newsletter – packed with brilliant things to see and do in Liverpool and beyond.
- NYPD announces $22K reward in 2012 New Brighton shooting
- Naples, Bonita festivals champion new plays
- Horror film festival headed to Katy this October
- Large NYPD response in New Brighton
- NYPD: Three arrested, charged after New Brighton home invasion
- Two bodies discovered at New Brighton apartment complex
- DNR says zebra mussel found in Long Lake in New Brighton
- Cops probe reported armed robbery in New Brighton
- Kentucky Derby Festival names new president and CEO
- Kentucky Derby Festival Names New President & CEO
Huge family pirate festival heading to New Brighton promenade have 232 words, post on www.liverpoolecho.co.uk at August 12, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.