Registration is now open for Dove House Hospice’s Make a Will Fortnight, which is due to run from September 16 to 27, 2019.
Now entering its eighth year, the appeal has already raised over £50,000 for the hospice. With more firms signed up to this year’s appeal than ever before, Dove House is hoping for its most successful year yet.
Speaking ahead of the appeal, Dove House Hospice’s regional fundraiser, Jethro Shearring said: “The aim of Make a Will Fortnight is to encourage as many people as possible to get prepared for whatever the future holds and write a will, as well as helping the hospice at the same time.
“Every organisation involved with this appeal has kindly donated their time to the hospice and so, instead of paying a fee to them, we are asking you to make a donation to Dove House Hospice.
“We are hoping to raise over £10,000 for Dove House Hospice through this year’s Make a Will Fortnight.
“We provide all of our services free of charge for our patients but our care is not free to provide. Without campaigns like Make a Will Fortnight, we could not continue to open our doors to those who need us most.
“We are excited to have a record number of organisations taking part this year, with representation in Hull, Beverley, Driffield and Bridlington, as well as the capacity for home visits.”
Dove House Hospice offers specialist palliative care to adults with life limiting illnesses, with no charge for any of the services provided. Anyone from Hull and across the East Riding can be referred to the hospice for care.
To participate in the appeal, go to www.dovehouse.org.uk/makeawill to receive your information pack, which contains a full list of participating organisations. Alternatively, call the fundraising team on 01482 785743 or email [email protected].
- Children of Loss Model to Raise Funds For Others
- Maginogi Raises Funds for Starlight Children’s Foundation
- Hi-Rez raising funds for Nepal with special Smite chests
- Humble Bundle launches game pack to raise funds for Brandon Boyer
- The Humble Extra Life Bundle is raising funds for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals
- Shadow of War DLC character will raise funds for family of producer who died of cancer
- Brazen Kickstarter scammer promised a $100 3D printer, built a house with funds
- Minecraft medical clinic helps raise funds for real-world clinics in Liberia
- Sensome Raises Funds to Bring World's First Connected Stroke Guidewire to Patients
- Non-Profit Raising Funds For San Francisco Video Game Museum