Fortnite will be offline from 9am UK time today as Epic readies the newest update for the game.
The update was initially supposed to drop on Tuesday 13 August, but was pushed back at the last minute until Wednesday (today).
The developer has not revealed how much downtime the game will be subject to, though downtimes for new patches tend to last no more than a few hours (so you can expect the game to be back online by midday latest).
Epic has yet to reveal what will be included in the today’s update, though we’re expecting patch notes to drop at around 8.30am BST.
As ever, we’ll have as much information as possible for you about that as soon as they’re available.
It’s expected that this patch will vault the massively overpowered mech that was introduced to the game back at the start of Season 10.
It’s interesting timing for Epic… a lot of the hardcore community are using today as a protest against Epic. The community sees the lack of action the developer has taken on the OP mech issue as a huge slight, and is moving over to play Apex Legends today, rather than support Fortnite.
With the release of the new Solo Mode , Apex has been the most popular on Twitch since it was at launch – not bad going for a game that seems to come and go in waves.
Downtime for Fortnite will begin at 9am BST. We’ll update this story as more information becomes known.
- ‘Fortnite’ plans to add ‘bots’ to help players improve
- Pumpkin patches you need to try in and around Houston
- Man leads police on chase through pumpkin patch corn maze
- Coconut Grove's Pumpkin Patch Festival Returns October 26
- Section V Football rankings: Top 10 small school poll for Week 5
- Fortnite is adding bots to help new players learn
- EA servers down: Outage knocks angry FIFA 17 and Battlefield 1 gamers offline
- Germany's Pirate Party taken offline ahead of Bremen elections
- The 10 diesel cars that could be worth a fortune in the future and need to be saved from the scrapheap
- What is Microsoft’s MS17-010 Windows patch and how can you protect your PC from Wannacry ransomware?