Daniel Sturridge is reportedly in talks to replace Wayne Rooney at DC United.
Former Liverpool striker Sturridge is without a club after leaving Anfield in the summer after six years on Merseyside.
The 29-year-old is weighing up offers from 13 clubs across the globe as he looks to kick-start his career after an injury-hit few years.
And it has emerged MLS outfit DC United want to bring him in to add a star-name to their squad ahead of Wayne Rooney’s impending departure.
The ex-Manchester United star will leave at the end of the season to take up a player-coach role at Championship outfit DC United.
ESPN claims the Washington-based club have already identified Sturridge as a possible replacement for his former England team-mate.
However, they face some stern competition, with clubs in the Spain, Italy and France all also allegedly showing interest.
Real Betis, Bologna, Marseille and Besiktas are named as clubs who are stewing over a swoop, as well as an offer from Qatar.
Fenerbahce are willing to splash £60,000-a-week to land Sturridge who has eight goals in 26 senior England appearances.
Mirror Football’s Top Stories
Former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli is in charge of transfer at Fenerbahce.
Sturridge has recently been cleared to resume his football career after a ban for breaching betting regulations.
- Liverpool star Andy Robertson aims subtle dig at rivals Man Utd ahead of clash
- Mane opens up on Salah row as he laughs at how Liverpool stars took 'the p***’ out of pair
- Liverpool star Sadio Mane gives verdict on awards snubs after Reds team-mates nominated
- Rivaldo delivers verdict on Jurgen Klopp starting Liverpool star Alisson against Man Utd
- Liverpool star Andy Robertson risks wrath of Reds fans with praise for Man Utd rival
- Liverpool star Trent Alexander-Arnold claims Guinness World Records spot for 2020
- Who makes it into a Man Utd and Liverpool combined XI? Top stars snubbed - Big Debate
- Sienna Miller dresses for sweater weather in black and grey as she steps out with ex Tom Sturridge in NYC
- Liverpool have West Ham star Aaron Cresswell to thank for sealing Adrian transfer deal
- Man Utd news LIVE: Solskjaer's Woodward talks, Rivaldo warns Liverpool, January transfers