Lionel Messi has been praised by his Ballon d’Or rival Cristiano Ronaldo for helping him to become a better player. Debate has gone on for over a decade about which of the two stars is greater, with some choosing the Argentine and some the Portuguese. Regardless, both players have taken football statistics to a whole new level in recent years, redefining the numbers. In 15 years at Barcelona, Messi has netted a staggering 603 goals in 687 games in all competitions, while Ronaldo has scored 601 goals in 806 games for four different clubs. Both players have won multiple Champions League and domestic league titles, while Ronaldo has won the European Championships with Portugal. And both stars have won five Ballon d’Or awards each, a record, and until last year when Luka Modric won it, they had shared the award every year for the previous decade. The two players, now well into their thirties, continue to amaze the world of football and they are not finished yet. But despite continuing debate over who is the greatest, Ronaldo has admitted they would not be the same players without each other. Speaking to TV1, Ronaldo said: “I have no doubt that Messi… Read full this story
- Ryan Giggs praises ‘genius’ Lionel Messi in Cristiano Ronaldo debate despite Man Utd link
- Champions League top scorers: Where Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi rank this season
- Five statistical accomplishments for Lionel Messi in the Champions League
- Carles Puyol's verdict on Virgil van Dijk beating Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo to award
- Paul Pogba told to stay at Man Utd as Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo comparison made
- Lionel Messi equals Cristiano Ronaldo Champions League record while also setting his own
- Real Madrid suffers shock defeat; Cristiano Ronaldo just keeps scoring
- Cristiano Ronaldo won't be retiring soon: 'Age is just a number'
- Lionel Messi explains why he wouldn’t swap Barcelona success for Argentina World Cup win
- Cristiano Ronaldo makes more from Instagram than from soccer
Cristiano Ronaldo has praised Ballon d’Or rival Lionel Messi have 325 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 21, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.