Jeremy Corbyn chose Corby today to make a general election and remain vote pledge saying that his party offered ‘a real change of direction’. In front of a packed room of supporters at the Pen Green Centre in Corby and before the nation’s TV cameras, Labour’s leader made his next steps clear and said a general election was needed to stop the Brexit crisis. He said he would do ‘anything necessary to stop a disastrous no deal for which this government has no mandate’ and give voters the final say on the Europe situation.The labour leader said he will call a vote of no confidence in Boris Johnson’s Conservative government, try to form a cross party minority government and then call an immediate general election in an attempt to stop the UK crashing out of Europe without a deal.This was the first time a clear timetable was outlined by the leader of the opposition as the October 31st deadline approaches. Although he gave no date for any general election saying ‘I don’t know when it is going to be so don’t ask me’.It comes after a leaked report has said no deal Brexit will lead to shortages of food and… Read full this story
- 'Name the date!' Jo Swinson squirms as she is quizzed over timetable for general election
- Bercow smirks as he makes sly dig at Boris Johnson ahead of crunch general election vote
- General election REJECTED as MPs defeat Boris Johnson in House of Commons vote
- Brexit news: What’s next for Brexit? Will there be a general election?
- Corbyn: I’m ready to fight Boris Johnson in a general election
- Boris Johnson to push on with attempt to secure pre-Christmas general election
- Boris Johnson fails in third attempt to call early general election
- Boris Johnson loses vote to hold UK general election on December 12
- UK Parliament Refuses General Election For Third Time
- Boris Johnson expected to ask MPs once again to vote for early general election
Corbyn picks Corby for general election and brexit vote pledge have 339 words, post on www.northantstelegraph.co.uk at August 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.