Conor McGregor has broken his silence over an incident in a Dublin pub – and admitted he was ‘in the wrong’
A video surfaced last week which appeared to show McGregor punch a 50-year-old man in the Marble Arch boozer after he declined a shot of the fighter’s Proper Twelve whiskey.
The former UFC champion was then dragged out of the bar by his minder.
No arrests have been made as Irish police investigate the incident but McGregor has admitted he was ‘in the wrong’.
And the Irishman admits he must now face whatever punishment comes his way over the inicdent.
Asked what happened in the pub by ESPN, McGregor said: “I mean, in reality, it doesn’t matter what happened there. I was in the wrong.
“That man deserved to enjoy his time in the pub without it having to end the way it did.
“Although it was five months ago and I made amends back then, it doesn’t matter.
“I was in the wrong, I must come here and take accountability and responsibility.
“I owe it to the people who have been supporting me, my mother, my father, my family.
“I owe it to the people who trained me in martial arts. That is not who I am, that’s not the reason I got into martial arts.
“I got into it to defend against that scenario. To see that, it is like a dagger into my heart.
“I am just hear to own up to that and move on and face what is coming.”
McGregor’s comments come after the man he allegedly punched branded the Irishman a “bully with money”.
Speaking to the Irish Sun , the man said: “I can take a punch. It was sore for about a week. It wasn’t killing me or anything.
“He is a bit of a bully, a bully with money.”
- Conor McGregor Ban: UFC Star Handed Six-month Driving Ban, Fined $1,000
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. stops Conor McGregor in the 10th
- Japanese Fighter Respectfully Hits Back At Conor McGregor's 'Jackie Chan' Remark
- Denver Sports Omelette: Could Conor McGregor’s next opponent be Colorado’s Donald “Cowboy” Cerrone?
- Liz Cheney Asks Christian Bale if Satan Made Him Allegedly Assault His Mother and Sister
- Bicyclist Tells His Story, Cited For Alleged Assault
- Neil deGrasse Tyson Breaks Silence, Denies Sexual Misconduct Accusations
- Conor McGregor, Khabib Nurmagomedov face formal complaints over UFC 229 melee
- UFC: Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor suspended for UFC 229 brawl
- Al Iaquinta demands Conor McGregor bout: ‘He must fight me to get a rematch with Khabib!’