Smashed phone screens are one of the banes of modern day life, with some of us splashing the cash to get them sorted, while others struggle on, peering through the cracks.
But finally things may be about to change, as Carphone Warehouse has just announced that it will fix your phone screens for free, with the launch of their new unlimited screen replacements offer.
The catch? You’ll need to buy one of their selected SIM only deals first.
Prices start at £11 per month, with SIM only tariffs on both O2 and Vodafone, for both 4G and 5G phones.
When you pick up one of the phone giant’s selected SIM only deals, you’ll get a free Crystalusion liquid glass screen protector ( worth £18 ) as well as a year’s worth of unlimited screen replacements.
When it comes to claiming your freebie, you’ll also need to pay a one-off sum of £25 every time you claim, although Carphone Warehouse states that this is purely to cover the cost of the same-day courier collection service to pick up and return your handset to your house, as well as going towards your replacement Crystalusion screen protecter.
The cheapest qualifying SIM only deal available is £11 per month for 1GB data, but if you want a bit more data, you’re probably better off paying £15 per month for 5GB of data – both 12 month contracts running off Vodafone.
For those willing to pay a bit more, we also spotted an impressive 6GB data per month for £19 on O2 that works with the freebie offer, or go all out and get unlimited for £23 per month for 5G internet on Vodafone.
You can see the full list of tariffs available on the Carphone Warehouse website.
Once you’ve picked up your SIM only deal, you’ll need to register for the unlimited screen replacement warranty, although the whole process should only take around two minutes.
All you need to do is simply head to the Crystalusion warranty registration page and enter some contact information, along with details of your phone.
To stop people cheating the system, you’ll then need to upload a photo of your phone screen to confirm that there’s no pre-existing damage. Once your registration is completed your warranty is activated, and it’ll remain in place for 12 months, which you can utilise at any time simply by completing and submitting this warranty claim form.
- Carphone Warehouse’s Black Friday sale 2019: Retailer announces ‘Why Wait’ deals weeks ahead
- Carphone Warehouse launch Black Friday deals and promises they won't get cheaper
- Black Friday Tech Deals 2019 – Carphone Warehouse, TalkTalk and a Fonehouse exclusive
- Best Black Friday and Cyber Monday smartphone deals on iPhone and Android phones
- Best phone deals for Black Friday 2019: all the best smartphone deals in the UK
- Nokia's retro 3310 gets another upgrade: New version of the iconic £50 phone is set to ship with 4G and could connect to WhatsApp
- What to do if your child’s mobile phone bill starts to ring alarm bells
- Microsoft takes on Apple with new dual-screen foldable smartphone
- WhatsApp bug ‘could have let hackers secretly install spyware on YOUR phone’
- Recycling your mobile phone? Beware the empty price ‘promise’