The cause of a fire which left a pavilion in ruins is thought to be deliberate, the fire service has confirmed.
Such was the scale of the fire that crews from Bristol were called to the building on Sunday evening (August 18) at around 7pm.
Pictures taken from the scene show much of the building in ruins while flames take hold of the roof.
Hicks Gate fire station said on Twitter: “Sadly this derelict pavilion has seen the last of its standing days with @AFRSBath.”
A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue added: “Crews from Bath, Hicks Gate, Kingswood and Temple fire stations were called to reports of a fire.
“On arrival, crews used two 45mm jets to extinguish the fire and one breathing apparatus set for safety.
“The cause is thought to be deliberate.”
Today’s top stories
For the latest news in and around Bristol, check back on Bristol Live’s homepage .
- Blaze rips through Bronx supermarket, leaves 3 people injured
- Fire at Detroit chemical plant contained after massive blaze rips through warehouse
- Massive blaze rips through Detroit apartment complex; residents missing
- Los Angeles fires: Cops arrest suspect, firefighters battle new blazes
- Huge fire rips through Bedford-Stuyvesant building
- Investigators suspect arson in Texas wildfire; teens spotted running through woods near blaze
- Massive blaze breaks out at popular Midtown pub
- Brazil nightclub tragedy: First victims buried as police announce arrests in the deadly blaze that killed more than 230
- Bristol Palin rips Meghan McCain again, claims they come 'from two completely different worlds'
- Female firefighter is one of the victims of Houston blaze: union president