Barcelona played like a hurricane against Real Betis, despite a slow start meaning that they had to come from behind.
Led by Antoine Griezmann and supported by Carles Perez, Rafinha Alcantara, Sergio Busquets and Jordi Alba, Barcelona didn’t miss the injured Lionel Messi, or even Luis Suarez, let alone Ousmane Dembele.
There was even a debut for the 16-year-old Ansu Fati, with Barcelona overcoming their low point from the defeat at Athletic Club last weekend, whilst also sending a message to Neymar and earning merit for Ernesto Valverde.
All the focus was on Griezmann and he took the responsibility on, scoring both goals to turn the match from a defeat into a victory.
The Frenchman celebrated his second in style as he knew that he could not celebrate an equaliser in such a way, even if it was his first goal for the club.
Griezmann was a decisive player, lethal in his finishing and had no resemblance to the poor performance seen at San Mames on matchday one.
Ansu Fati came on as a substitute to become Barcelona‘s second-youngest first-team debutant, and in a short cameo, the 16-year-old displayed his talent.
He came into the matchday squad at the last minute after Messi‘s absence was confirmed, but Ansu is a name to remember.
The Camp Nou took to their feet to applaud Sergio Busquets after his return to the side, after having been dropped for the opening fixture against Athletic Club.
He enjoyed having Frenkie de Jong and Sergi Roberto either side of him, combining with Jordi Alba and Rafinha well, too.
Nabil Fekir stamped his name onto LaLiga Santander with an early goal after Loren Moron‘s pass set him up.
Few expected Ivan Rakitic to start a second game in a row on the bench, nor that he would be an unused substitute, and it seems increasingly likely that he could be depart in what is left of the transfer window.
- Publicity Predicament #9 - How Can I Take Advantage of Breaking News?
- BREAKING NEWS: Huge police presence at apartment complex as police hunt for three-year-old who was abducted
- BREAKING NEWS: Donald Trump will hold the G7 at his Doral golf resort next year - as chief of staff admits it was president who suggested move
- Barcelona forward Messi presented with Golden Shoe for record sixth time
- Christmas City Breaks in Barcelona
- Breaking News! Green Tea Supplement Now Combined With a New Super Food Sidekick!
- Breaking News! Registry Easy Wins Best Registry Cleaner of 2009
- Breaking News - End of Sales Drought - Forecast of Referral Floods in Near Future
- Carrie Lam shouted down by pro-democracy lawmakers on floor of Hong Kong parliament
- Hedge fund manager Cooperman says the stock market would drop 25% if Elizabeth Warren is elected