Bordeaux were offered the opportunity to sign Olivier Ntcham by his club Celtic, according to French publication 20 Minutes.
READ MORE – Celtic close to new signing, former Rangers star knocks back offer, ex-Parkhead ace injured in riot, Celtic ‘are always playing against 12 men’, attacker to make Scotland return – Scottish Premiership Rumour MillThe Ligue 1 side are said to have rejected the opportunity as they are seeking a midfielder with more experience.
Ntcham expressed his desire to leave the Ladbrokes Premiership champions earlier in the summer as he seeks a new challenge.
Manager Neil Lennon insists the player is once again happy with life at Parkhead after the pair held talks following Ntcham’s comments.
It now seems Celtic are actively looking to shop the player around as they seek a healthy profit on the £4.5 million investment they made when signing him two summers ago.
Ntcham started in the 4-3 defeat to Cluj on Tuesday. It was a decision that was later questioned as it meant midfielder Callum McGregor took up residence at left-back as Lennon’s men exited the Champions League.
- Thursday’s NBA notebook: Celtics sign Tacko Fall, three others
- Celtics sign Tacko Fall, three others
- Celtics sign Enes Kanter
- Tacko time: Celtics sign center Fall, three others
- Celtics sign Tacko Fall, a 7-6 center from Central Florida
- Celtics sign 51st pick Tremont Waters to two-way contract
- Celtics sign 7-foot-6 Tacko Fall for summer league
- Celtics sign French center Vincent Poirier
- Woodstock 50: Hoping peace signs turn to dollar signs in Bethel
- Apple offers new sign-in feature to verify user IDs