RESIDENTS from Hurdon Road, along with staff from DS Smith Packaging took part in a litter pick at Hurdon Road on the morning of Sunday, July 28.
Those taking part were chair of the HRA (Hurdon Residents Association) Chris Measey, secretary Barbara Harris, and members Roger Williams and John Harris along with representatives of DS Smith (which is also an HRA member and community facilitator) Steve Porter, Karen Wiltshire and Steve Brown.
After the pick up, all were invited to pop over the road to the Proper Ansome cafe for a cup of tea and a bacon bap courtesy of the Hurdon Residents Association.
HRA spokesperson John Harris said: “Thanks to everyone who turned up and helped to keep this part of town such a clean and pleasant place.”
- Dummies, cutlery and a 60-year-old deodorant bottle: litter-pickers reveal shocking amount of plastic rubbish washed up on UK beaches - with one woman finding 345 pieces in a few hours
- She loves a good bargain: Lacey Turner channels her EastEnders character as she picks up a few treats from Poundland
- Kanye West and Kids Trick-or-Treated as
- We need a new way to treat the sickness of knife violence, write THERESA MAY and SAJID JAVID
- Should we be walking our CATS? Scientist who walks his feline friend on a lead says pet owners should treat cats more like dogs to increase their happiness
- Mother accuses Sainsbury's cashier of 'gender shaming' her son, three, after he picked a 'Frozen' Kinder Surprise Egg instead of a blue Marvel one
- Life's little luxuries: FEMAIL picks out a selection of the best beauty advent calendars
- Star Wars fans are treated to a look at a baby that comes from the same species as Yoda during the close of the first episode of The Mandalorian
- ‘Not A Popular Opinion, But I Pick The Eagles’ CBS Local’s Katie Johnston Breaks Down Eagles-Patriots Matchup
- From half-price Nike jackets and discounted Tory Burch bags to 40% off Sam Edelman knee high boots, our top picks from Nordstrom's fall sale