A man has been arrested after allegedly crashed into 19 cars in Christchurch overnight.
Police were called out to an incident, about 12.30am, after a report from a member of the public that their vehicle had been damaged.
It is understood authorities started to get several reports from people in the area reporting their cars had been crashed into.
“Upon conducting further enquiries, police established a person has been responsible for allegedly crashing into this car and 18 other cars in central Christchurch,” a police spokeswoman said.
A 47-year-old man has since been arrested and charged with intentional damage and operating a vehicle with sustained loss of traction.
He is due to appear in the Christchurch District Court today.
- Deputies: Couple had sex in patrol car after arrest
- Strong winds bring down trees and power poles, two cars damaged
- Football fans raise thousands to repair ambulance and cars damaged in England World Cup celebrations
- Great Falls man arrested for warrant, allegedly stole car before arrest
- Bristol dad's anger after car damaged in hit and run smash
- North Hills DUI checkpoint on Route 19 nets 5 arrests
- Two police officers hit by car, prompting arrest over 'attempted murder'
- What to Do If a Parking Garage Damages Your Car
- Cheap Wheels for New Grads: Cars, SUVs, and Trucks We Love for Less Than $25,000
- Solon City Council hears trail concerns, discusses winery initiative