Here are the latest Championship transfer rumours and news on Thursday, July 18.
West Brom close in on Zohore
West Bromwich Albion are poised to complete an £8 million deal for Cardiff City striker Kenneth Zohore .
A star of the Bluebirds’ promotion season in 2017/18, Zohore was previously linked with a big-money move to Brighton, before enduring a disappointing Premier League campaign.
The Bluebirds now look set to cash in on their front man, agreeing an £8 million deal with Championship rivals West Brom.
Zohore is currently in the United States with Cardiff but is expected to depart early to complete his move to The Hawthorns.
Leeds star heading for Wolves?
Wolves have emerged as strong contenders to sign Leeds United’s young star Kalvin Phillips.
Former Leeds striker and pundit Noel Whelan told Football Insider the Premier League side are ready to pounce, with Aston Villa’s interest possibly waning.
He said: “Right now, it looks like the offer Leeds have made to him is not enough. They cannot match the wages on offer from Premier League clubs. Can they offer him something with incentives in case they get promoted to the Premier League next season?
“I’m hearing thee is plenty of interest in Phillips. Wolves are in the background ready to move, Bournemouth are there. Aston Villa were very keen but look like they have given up as Douglas Luiz is coming from Manchester City.
“It could be down to Wolves and Bournemouth.”
Wigan eye West Ham striker
Wigan Athletic are reportedly keen on signing West Ham striker Jordan Hugil.
Hugil joined the Hammers for £10 million from Preston in January 2018, but hasn’t made an impact, spending last season on loan at Middlesbrough.
Talks between Wigan and West Ham over a £3.5 million move are said to be ongoing.
Rondon set for exit
West Brom striker Salomon Rondon is set to leave The Hawthorns .
Rondon spent last season on loan with Newcastle United, who have passed up the opportunity to sign him on a permanent basis.
Instead, it looks as though he is headed for China,
CSL side Daliang Yifang have reportedly agreed a deal with West Brom.
Birmingham to win race for Crowley
Birmingham City are set to win the race for youngster Dan Crowley.
The former Aston Villa and Arsenal trainee was the subject of interest from Feyenoord and PSV .
But the Blues have reportedly won the race with a medical scheduled and personal terms agreed.
- Aston Villa mock Leeds United over new badge
- Brentford leading Aston Villa & Chelsea in race for young winger
- Championship run-in: How do Wolves and Aston Villa compare with the pack?
- Aston Villa vs Sheffield United: Live stream, TV channel, team news and kick-off time for Championship clash
- Aston Villa vs Sheffield United: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time and team news for the Championship clash
- Aston Villa vs Sheffield United: Live stream, TV channel, kick-off time, and team news for the Championship match
- Aston Villa vs Sheffield United: Team news, live stream, TV channel and kick-off time for the Championship match
- Youngsters get chance to ask questions when Leeds United stars visit school
- Cyrille Regis: Clubs around the Midlands pay tribute to former West Brom, Wolves and Aston Villa striker
- MATCH COMMENT: Aston Villa 1, Peterborough United 3: From zeroes to FA Cup heroes on successive Saturdays