Diva-spotters across the pond have been rubbing their hands at the prospect of Barbra ‘The Velvet Foghorn’ Streisand and Céline ‘The Maple Syrup’ Dion playing two evenings apart at the British Summer Time festival in London this weekend. But my bet is that one could find far more bad behaviour among touring rockers The Rolling Stones, The Who, Black Sabbath and Eric Clapton. The best dirt I could dig up about Dion was that during her time on The Voice, “she brought an entire entourage of people with her [and] complained about everything, from her hair and make-up to the outfit that was chosen for her”. So what? I’ve got friends who act like that getting ready for a night out. Streisand can be high-handed, but as she says herself: “People look at me and say, ‘Success has gone to her head’. But that’s not true. I’ve always been this way. I’m no good at dealing with people or being tactful. I say whatever is on my mind.” That could be me speaking. If only they’d added Mariah Carey (demanded 20 white kittens and 100 white doves to surround her as she turned on a shopping mall’s Christmas lights and… Read full this story
- Thrifty mum transforms her empty stairs cupboard into a handy pantry for just £50 - using chipboard from B&Q and leftover paint
- Thrifty homeowner creates stylish foliage wall in her bathroom for just £65 - using artificial plants from IKEA and affordable materials like cable ties
- Thrifty couple transform their drab hall and stairs into a sophisticated entryway for just £250 using old scaffolding boards and MDF from B&Q
- Woman transforms godmother’s under stairs shoe cupboard in just hours using £3 Asda organiser and £8 Amazon lights
- Single mum transforms her ENTIRE dingy council house for just £50 using B&M bargains
- Anti-vaxxer Anthony Mundine makes the disgraceful claim coronavirus is 'bogus' and just being used to force 'autism-causing' mass vaccinations on people
- Mum creates incredible mermaid pram for just £25 using bargains found on Facebook
- BEL MOONEY: Have I just sacrificed my identity for being a mother?
- BEL MOONEY: I haven't been in paid work for the last nine years - have I just sacrificed my identity for being a mother?
- Elton John, 72, HURLS £2K Gucci holdall off his private jet in apparent diva strop in Sydney... just days after ordering security guards to 'f**k off' during Perth concert
Why divas just aren't what they used to be have 407 words, post on www.independent.ie at July 4, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.