The US women’s football team infuriated the rest of the world with their notorious ‘tea-drinking’ celebration today as they paraded through the streets of New York to mark their World Cup victory. Captain Megan Rapinoe was filmed drinking champagne and shouting ‘I deserve this!’ at the camera, while her team mate Alex Morgan appeared to ridicule the Lionesses with another show of her cruel ‘tea-sipping’ jibe. The US team was branded ‘smug’, ‘cocky’, and ‘distasteful’ after they pretended to sip cups of tea after knocking England out of the tournament at the semi-finals in Lyon. Social media erupted with fresh fury over the US team’s behaviour today, with critic Piers Morgan claiming the players were ‘unbearable’, while England fans and others around the world branded them ‘disgraceful’, ‘classless’ and ‘arrogant’. SCROLL DOWN FOR VIDEOS US player Alex Morgan celebrates her team’s world cup victory with their notorious ‘tea drinking’ celebration, to the great annoyance of the England team and the rest of the world, as they parade through New York City today Players Megan Rapinoe (left) and Alex Morgan (second right) are pictured doing the ‘tea drinking celebration’ at their victory ceremony at New York’s City Hall Alex Morgan mimes… Read full this story
- U.S. Women’s Soccer Captain Megan Rapinoe Refuses to Sing National Anthem During World Cup
- Ballon d'Or winner and US women's soccer captain Megan Rapinoe calls on Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to speak out against racism and sexism, saying they 'don't engage in anything'
- U-19 World Cup 2020: India announce 15-member squad, Priyam Garg named captain
- Kabaddi: India's World Cup winners to get Rs 10 lakh each from government
- England's cricket World Cup winners hailed heroes as they celebrate historic victory
- 'Three-Time' World Cup Winner Reveals Why Australia's Bowling Attack Is Better Than India
- Megan Rapinoe Pleads with Male Soccer Stars to Become Political Activists
- Ballon d’Or 2019: Lionel Messi and Megan Rapinoe win awards
- USWNT Star Megan Rapinoe Wins Ballon d’Or, One Of Soccer’s Highest Awards
- Osama Bin Laden plotted World Cup ‘98 terror attack killing David Beckham, Alan Shearer, David Seaman and Glenn Hoddle DURING Tunisia match
Who do they drink they are? US World Cup winner Alex Morgan repeats her Brit-baiting tea-sipping celebration before captain Megan Rapinoe declares 'I deserve this' in victory parade around New York have 359 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.