Fifty Indonesian policemen in East Java province have been ordered to undertake a gruelling weight-loss programme after they were deemed too chubby to work effectively, police said Saturday.
The pot-bellied officers will spend two weeks running with parachute jackets, swimming and doing other aerobics at a police school in Mojokerto in East Java province, police spokesman Frans Barung Mangera said.
“We want them to move swiftly when carrying out their duties,” Frans said.
“They will also be given psychological counselling and have to take balanced meals as prescribed by our dieticians,” he said.
- NYPD top cop orders increased security after London subway bombing
- Indonesian President orders officers to shoot drug traffickers
- NYPD cops ordered to work in pairs and use greater caution after Baton Rouge shooting
- Bali Kitchen Hits the Jackpot with Indonesian Treats in the East Village
- At least 98 dead after quake slams Indonesian island
- At least 98 dead after quake slams Indonesian islandCOMMENTSLatest NewsNewsletter
- A cop with a troubled past. A woman known by police. What really happened in Fort Valley?
- Top cop James O’Neill to double size of NYPD’s vice squad, enforces new human trafficking probe training
- Dallas Judge Turns Down Cop's Request for Venue Change in Murder Trial
- Paul Cannette, Biloxi schools cop, embezzled, going to prison