Leaked diplomatic cables published on Sunday revealed that the UK ambassador to Washington regards US President Donald Trump’s administration as inept and hobbled by infighting. In the series of memos — dating from 2017 to the present and leaked to the UK’s Mail on Sunday newspaper — the UK ambassador to Washington, Sir Kim Darroch, said Trump radiated “insecurity.” The documents detail Darroch’s assessments of the Trump administration. They were made public just weeks after Trump’s state visit to the UK, during which the president and first lady were treated to a military guard of honor at Buckingham Palace. On Sunday, Trump hit back, saying Darroch had “not served the UK well” and that he and members of his administration had not become “big fans” of the envoy. Donald Trump in the UK: Pomp and protest Touchdown in Stansted US President Donald Trump and first lady Melania exit Air Force One after arriving at Stansted Airport near London on Monday. The American president is scheduled to spend three days in the UK before traveling to Ireland and France as part of commemorations for the 75th anniversary of the D-Day invasion. Donald Trump in the UK: Pomp and protest Attacking Khan Shortly… Read full this story
- Trump arrives in UK after attacking Theresa May’s Brexit plan
- Donald Trump arrives for UK visit: US president appears to question Theresa May's Brexit strategy
- Donald Trump’s representative held meeting with UK ambassador urging them to release jailed far-right activist Tommy Robinson
- Trump Envoy Warns UK to Treat Jailed Robinson 'Sympathetically'
- Ex-UK ambassador to USA Christopher Meyer battered by youths at Victoria train station
- Trump to Visit UK on July 13
- Donald Trump visits the UK, in pictures
- Who is Sir Christopher Meyer? Ex-UK ambassador to the US attacked at Victoria station
- Teenage girl and boy, 16, arrested over attack on former UK ambassador
- Trump in the UK: What now for the 'special relationship'?
Trump 'radiates insecurity' — UK ambassador to US have 312 words, post on www.dw.com at July 7, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.