A tug of war and a dog competition were among the many activities happening at Gedney Hill at the weekend.
The “very well attended” fun day had a range of stalls along side activities which organisers, the Gedney Community Group, held to bring the village together.
Sandy Davis, Chair of the Gedney Community Group, said: “We have no pub in the village so it’s really there to bring everyone together, the main reason is to have somewhere that people can come together and have a good time.”
This year featured a dog competition which saw dogs and their owners awarded titles such as ‘fanciest lady’ and ‘coolest dog’, as well as a puppy parade.
The competition, which was cancelled last year due to the heat, was organised by The Canine Classroom dog trainers in Holbeach.
Among other activities, a highly requested tug of war was held which began with “girls versus boys” match but evolved into a “free for all”.
The fun day was first held in 2012 in celebration of the Queen’s diamond jubilee and has since become an annual event which organisers plan to hold again next year.
Sandy said the committee are open for people to get involved and said: “If anyone does have any suggestions for next year we would be more than happy to hear them.”
Her email is [email protected]
- EXCLUSIVE: Empty chairs, wilting plants and a hammock swinging in the breeze: Home of family-of-four wiped out in New Zealand volcano lies vacant as devastated schoolfriends remember the 'popular and sensible' sons aged 13 and 16
- ProudLiving Companies Hosts Holiday Coat & Toy Drive for Needy Families on Dec. 20
- The day I got my first period
- Heartbreaking moment at family picnic inspires 18 stone mum to shed 10 stone
- My life changed in a second: Sir David Frost's family was devastated when he died suddenly. What they didn't know was he'd passed on a condition that would claim his son's life at just 31 – as his youngest child reveals in this emotional interview
- From a Nintendo Switch and a table tennis table to a National Trust membership, eight great gifts that the whole family will enjoy this Christmas
- Family-friendly games for Thanksgiving
- In 5 months Boris Johnson defies sneering critics to emerge as one of the Conservatives’ most successful ever leaders
- Priyanka Chopra relaxes with husband Nick Jonas after enjoying a snowy day with Sophie Turner. See pics
- Ellen Barkin on ‘Another Happy Day,’ Sam Levinson, and Being a ‘Broad’