Stacey Solomon was praised by her social media followers for sharing a candid post about her experiences with “mum guilt” following the birth of her son Rex.
The Loose Women star, who welcomed her first child with partner Joe Swash in May, shared a photo of herself cuddled up with her baby on Instagram as she admitted that her day had been “gut wrenching.”
“I feel like I shouldn’t really have these feelings because I’m nearly 8 weeks in and I am so incredibly lucky to have amazing children, a wonderful partner, loves loving, caring, & supportive family and I’m almost a bit embarrassed to say… That truth be told, I’m Having a bit of a gut wrenching day,” she wrote.
“One of those days that physically hurts your tummy. I have absolutely no idea why. Mum guilt has kicked in full swing.”
The former X Factor contestant said that she was “making a conscious effort to try to accept” her emotions and to recognise that “feelings come and go.”
She added that the “rare” photo of her and Rex smiling at the same time was a reminder “that these feelings WILL pass and every day will be different.”
“Thinking of anyone else having a struggle today or any day for that matter,” she concluded.
Solomon’s fans praised her “honest” approach to motherhood as they shared similar postnatal experiences.
“Stacey you completely inspire me despite your celebrity status you don’t try to put on a front or s show to everyone that everything is perfect nothing is perfect and that’s OK,” one follower wrote. “I love that you are open and honest about life as a new mam.”
“I needed this!” another comment read. “5 days in and baby blues have kicked in today – reminding myself that these feelings will pass.”
“Thank you for these pasts @staceysolomon you make it OK for us mums to feel these things and accept them like you do!” a third said.
The TV star has been open about her experiences with anxiety following Rex’s birth and last month revealed that she had been “feeling weird” about leaving the house with her newborn.
Solomon is also mum to Zachary, 11, and Leighton, seven, from previous relationships. Swash also has a 12-year-old son, Harry, with his former fiancee.
- Stacey Solomon opens up about parenting challenges
- Stacey Solomon's parenting fail
- Birth & Baby Fair
- Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds introduces bill to open access to birth control
- Duchess Meghan didn't open gifts at NYC baby shower for this reason
- Joe Swash thinks baby will bring families together
- OPEN MINDS Announces Final Agenda & Faculty For The Consumer Engagement Technologies Summit In New Orleans
- Grandmother gives birth to own grandchild
- Teenager Slips Into Four-Day Coma, Wakes Up to Discover She Has Given Birth to a Baby Girl
- Desserts: Serve up indulgence, hold the guilt