THANK god British engineer Robert Mansfield-Hewitt has been released from prison this month.
Incredibly, he was forced to wait a further four months for his day in court before being released more than a month later.
And all in an EU country and very close ally to Britain no less!
How many other cases like Robert’s have there been?
There was no evidence connecting him to the drugs and least of all no workable motive, given his decades-long career with the British government.
All the while, there seems to have been no investigation launched into the owner of the property where the drugs were found.
The case seems mired in corruption with local police apparently deciding to try and pin it on Robert from day one.
Either way, we are delighted that the pressure we have maintained on the authorities throughout this year, appears to have had some effect.
NO OTHER expat paper was willing to do that. And we are happy Robert appreciates it.
There is nothing like being forgotten to rust in prison.
- OPINION: Justice at last! – 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route – 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge – 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier – 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll – 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia – 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided – 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach – 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days – 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY – 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- OPINION Trading Investigative TV Journalism for Digital Scoops
- OPINION The Global Antitrust Arsenal
- OPINION Whose Wikipedia Is It, Anyway?
- OPINION Large Tech Firms: Beware of Obama Administration's Antitrust Plans
- OPINION Steve Jobs, Bill Gates and Freedom
- OPINION 'I Am Google': Pride Comes Before a Fall
- The day Justice Scalia helped save video games
- OPINION Galileo 2.0: Here Comes Another Apology
- Opinion: Why does AT&T have such a bad attitude?
- OPINION IBM: A Century of Innovation - and Counting