0 Have your say Housebuilder Persimmon was attacked at Prime Minister’s Questions on Wednesday by Conservative MP Robert Halfon. Mr Halfon said he recently met constituents who moved into Help to Buy homes built by York-based Persimmon. He said the houses are shoddy and his constituents view Persimmon as “crooks, cowboys and con artists”.A Persimmon spokesperson responded: “We have apologised to customers on this development in Harlow, where manufacturing defects with a batch of blocks have created problems with damp. The block manufacturer has agreed that this is the likely root cause of the issue and have offered their sincere apologies.“We are working hard to rectify the issue as soon as possible and are in contact with the residents on a daily basis. “Persimmon has agreed to pay the mortgage payments, bills, and the temporary accommodation costs for affected residents while the problem is being addressed. “We have also been in touch with Robert Halfon again today to arrange a visit to his constituency to meet him alongside the residents in Harlow.”Persimmon is investing to improve customer satisfaction, after facing a barrage of criticism over build quality. It scored the worst figures of all the major house-builders in the latest… Read full this story
- Michael Winner's wife talksabout attack
- Bad Boys Nunes, King, and Hunter Dominate House GOP Small-Dollar Fundraising
- UK housebuilder Persimmon joins sector return to site work
- Persimmon chief quits amid row over firm's building quality
- Eric Joyce fined £3,000 for assault in House of Commons bar
- 'One in eight service personnel has attacked someone in a rage after returning from the battlefield'. Why I'm not surprised, just sickened
- 'My brother told us about BJP MP's role'
- However this stage-managed split ends, we'll still end up with a House of Toadies
- After the duck house … where MPs’ expenses went next
- Speaker Lindsay Hoyle tells MPs to 'stay away' from House of Commons after calling for a 'virtual' Parliament
MP attacks Persimmon for "shoddy" houses have 321 words, post on www.yorkshirepost.co.uk at July 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.