A Police officer stands guard in front of High Court in Podgorica, Montenegro. Archive photo: EPA-EFE/BORIS PEJOVIC The Special Prosecutor’s Office in Montenegro says it suspects British-Israeli politican consultant Aron Shaviv of helping the alleged coup attempt in October 2016, and of creating a criminal organization. State Prosecutor Sasa Cadenovic said Shaviv was involved in the alleged coup along with former CIA agent Joseph Assad and eight other foreign citizens. During the 2016 elections, Shaviv was head of the pro-Russian opposition Democratic Front’s election campaign. He worked with the governing Likud party’s last campaign in Israel’s March 2015 national elections, producing ads for current Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. “During the investigation that was launched against Joseph Assad and eight others for creating a criminal organization and attempting terrorism, the prosecutors found evidence that Shaviv, a UK and Israeli citizen, also committed a crime. So we have ordered an extension of the investigation,” Cadjenovic said on Wednesday. Last August, the prosecution called for the arrest of former CIA officer Assad, accusing him of involvement in the allegedly Russian-backed coup attempt in 2016. Assad was temporarily working in Montenegro as an advisor to Shaviv, then a consultant for the pro-Moscow DF. The… Read full this story
- 14 people, including 2 Russians, charged with attempted coup in Montenegro
- Hamas executes suspected informers in Gaza; attack kills Israeli child
- Mueller’s team reportedly issues subpoenas to lobbying firms that worked with Flynn’s and Manafort’s consulting groups
- Turkish football fans on trial for 'coup'
- Remedies vs siege suspects sought
- Facts about Thailand’s royal defamation law
- Israel, Gulf in 'strange alliance' against Iran
- Abolish Congress and the Presidency
- South Africa spycraft on show in leaked intelligence cables
- Trillanes’ Magdalo co-mutineers in control of Customs
Montenegro Prosecution Suspects Israeli Consultant of Coup Role have 281 words, post on balkaninsight.com at July 31, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.