The Duchess of Sussex asked to guest edit Vogue rather than be the cover star, a letter she wrote to readers reveals. Meghan chose to promote 15 ‘trailblazing’ women who have campaigned for body positivity, transgender rights and climate change when she took control of the British September edition of the fashion magazine. But she has come under fire from some royal watchers for the edition being too political for a member of the Royal Family, who are supposed to stay politically neutral. A letter she has written to readers in the magazine now reveals she asked to become guest editor of the edition rather than appear on the front cover. Meghan, who at the time was five months’ pregnant with son Archie, said: ‘So I asked the question. Actually, I typed and deleted the question several times until I built up the courage to ask the question in question: “Instead of doing the cover, would you be open to me guest editing your September issue?”‘ The editor in chief, Edward Enninful, replied that he would ‘love’ for Meghan to be his guest editor, she said. Meghan wrote about her edition: ‘The overall sentiment I hope you’ll find, however, will… Read full this story
- This is what happened when Brit actress Jameela Jamil received a phone call from Meghan Markle for Vogue
- The power players who will help Prince Harry and Meghan Markle forge their new identity: Couple can call on Oprah's US media contacts, Edward Enninful's fashion connections and Jessica Mulroney's political links in Canada
- Edward Enninful says Meghan Markle's Forces For Change idea was a 'movement not a moment' as he reveals Vogue will 'continue that story' in every issue
- Meghan Markle to Interview Michelle Obama as Guest Editor of British Vogue
- Meghan Markle was once a fan of 'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills', called it her 'guilty pleasure'
- So much for being financially INDEPENDENT! UK taxpayers will still pay Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's '£600,000 security and £130,000 travel costs' while they will get £2.3m-a-year from Prince Charles' Duchy
- From child refugee to Chanel supermodel: Meet the 19-year-old named by Meghan Markle as one of the 15 'trailblazing' women who is a 'force for change'
- A right royal cash in! How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle trademarked over 100 items from hoodies to socks SIX MONTHS before split with monarchy - and could be set to make MILLIONS
- Steely-eyed Queen is seen for first time since Prince Harry announced he and Meghan Markle will quit the Royal Family as crisis talks with Prince Charles and Prince William continue
- Meghan Markle was 'on the brink': Prince Harry agreed to quit the Royal family and fast-tracked plans as he feared his 'unsettled' wife would have a 'meltdown' if she remained in the UK
Meghan Markle reveals SHE asked to guest edit Vogue after 'summoning up the courage' and hopes she's created a magazine of 'positivity, kindness, humour and inclusivity' have 452 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.