A man has died after falling from a window on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh last night.
Officers from Police Scotland locked down the busy street in the capital at around 5.40pm.
The incident close to the Radisson Blu Hotel happened a couple of hours before The Proclaimers played at Edinburgh Castle .
Paramedics rushed to the scene however the 50-year-old male couldn’t be saved.
We’ll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
For the latest news and breaking news visit dailyrecord.co.uk
Get all the big headlines, pictures, analysis, opinion and video on the stories that matter to you.
Follow us on Twitter @Daily_Record – the official Daily Record Twitter account – real news in real time.
We’re also on Facebook – your must-see news, features, videos and pictures throughout the day from the Daily Record, Sunday Mail and Record Online.
Top news stories today
- Man Dies After Falling 200 Feet Down Cliff At San Francisco’s Lands End
- Man dies after being knocked down by van in Cardenden
- Man dies after spending an HOUR in the back of an ambulance parked outside 'overcrowded' A&E at NHS hospital
- Man dies after being pulled unconscious from a waterhole - the ELEVENTH person to drown this summer
- Elderly man dies in hospital hours after he was pulled unconscious from the ocean - the FOURTEENTH person to drown over the Christmas holidays
- Man dies after falling off 200-foot cliff into ocean at Lands End in San Francisco
- Critical Process Died in Windows 10? How to Fix This Stop Code
- Man dies in skydiving accident near Grand Canyon, instructor escapes with just a broken leg
- 86-year-old man dies in Oakland house fire, firefighters rescue woman and pet
- Man dies at the wheel of his car and another is arrested following road collision