PUBLISHED: 07:07 05 July 2019 | UPDATED: 07:07 05 July 2019
The car was caught travelling at 70mph in a 40 zone near Kings Lynn. Photo: Police
Police have tracked a man caught driving at 70mph in a 40mph limit.
Officers spotted the man travelling at 71mph in the 40 zone near Kings Lynn and attempted to stop him.
You may also want to watch:
However he ignored the attempt and officers lost sight of the vehicle.
But around 11pm Thursday night police tracked the car, which was seized and opened enquiries into the incident.
In a post on twitter the Norfolk and Suffolk roads and armed policing team said: “officers tried to stop this vehicle in Kings Lynn after it was caught at 71mph in a 40 limit. The driver didn’t want to stop and made off. Unfortunately for him we found his car, seized it and have plenty of enquiries open to us.”
- Man caught speeding at 70mph in 40mph limit
- 112 motorists caught speeding every day in Northern Ireland
- We can’t have a meltdown over 40 mins of sleet – we need to get a grip and keep our roads and airports operating as normal
- Watford star Etienne Capoue could face £70,000 fine after ‘cops clocked him doing 116mph on the M25 in his £150,000 Mercedes’
- Jailed in Bristol: The criminals locked up so far in August
- The criminals put behind bars in Bristol last month
- Locked-Up: North Staffordshire criminals jailed in August 2018
- The 20 criminals locked up in Hull in October
- This month in court: Robbers, a murder and traffickers