A young jockey has been banned from driving for 17 months and fined £120 after being caught by police drink-driving. Police say that George Gorman, 24, of Worthing Road, Dial Post, was arrested in Jolesfield, Horsham, on June 30 and charged with driving with 64mcg of alcohol per 100ml of breath in his system.At Worthing Magistrates’ Court on July 16 – as well as the driving ban – he was ordered to pay £85 costs and a £32 victim surcharge, as well as the £120 fine.Gorman was one of 83 drivers arrested by police during a sumer crackdown on drink and drug-drivers. Chief Inspector Michael Hodder, of the Roads Policing Unit for Surrey and Sussex Police Police, said: “It is hugely disappointing that so many people still make the conscious decision to drive with drink or drugs in their system. We run dedicated campaigns at peak times of the year – during summer and over Christmas – to provide education and enforcement, and this is in addition to routine roads policing 365 days a year.“Driving while over the specified limit for drink or drugs is a serious offence which carries significant risks – it is one of the four most… Read full this story
- Trainee accountant, 20, is banned from driving after speeding away from police in her Audi at 70mph in a 40mph zone while over the limit
- Cheap Car Rental in Cyprus - 4 Valuable Tips for Driving in Cyprus
- No more sugar: Singapore puts a ban on advertisements for sugary drinks to curb diabetes
- Why You Shouldn't Drink and Drive
- The Hidden Dangers of Sports Drinks
- Should You Report Kids Who Are Taking Drugs Or Drinking?
- Half of UK drivers break this unique driving law which could see car banned from the road
- Horsham - West Sussex - Enjoy Your Vacation
- Speeding Offences
- Penalties For Using Your Phone Whilst Driving
Jockey banned from driving for Horsham drink-drive offence have 299 words, post on www.wscountytimes.co.uk at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.