Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn has insisted anyone who commits an act of antisemitism in the party should lose their membership or be expelled.Speaking for the first time since the airing of a BBC Panorama documentary into the issue, Mr Corbyn said every complaint was investigated but added it was “less than 0.1%” of the party’s membership that was involved in any accusation.”Anyone in my party or any other party that commits any act of antisemitism is, I believe, meriting withdrawal of their membership or expulsion from the party, and that we have done,” the Labour leader said.He maintained there were “many many inaccuracies” in the BBC programme, adding that it had “adopted a pre-determined position on its own website before it was broadcast”.Other senior party figures, including deputy leader Tom Watson have criticised Labour’s response, saying the allegations were a “watershed moment”. Advertisement Some former officials broke non-disclosure agreements (NDA) to tell the programme they were undermined in their efforts to tackle antisemitism in the party – something Labour has denied.Also speaking on Saturday, shadow chancellor John McDonnell said he hoped the party would not take legal action against the former staffers for breaking their “gagging orders”. More from Jeremy… Read full this story
- The fantastic and talented people speak Corbyn
- BBC Drops Top Gear Over Jeremy Clarkson Punching Producer
- How Is Ron Jeremy Still Alive (and Still Having Erections)?
- Stormzy gets 100,000-strong crowd to shout 'f*** Boris' during live BBC broadcast from Glastonbury - as Banksy reveals he made Union Flag stab vest worn by grime artist on stage
- Stormzy and the BBC under fire after the rapper led a 100,000-strong crowd shouting 'f*** Boris' during his headline Glastonbury set
- Let's get this party started! Thousands of music fans arrive for 'hottest EVER' Glastonbury as festival prepares to bask in 91F heatwave
- ‘Catastrophe’ Star Rob Delaney to Trump: ‘Rot in Hell Nazi C**t’
- 'People are not listening': Glastonbury revellers slam 'disgusting' amounts of rubbish that are piling up at festival despite organisers' attempts to cut waste and ban plastic with 'leave no trace' pledge
- Stephen Hawking On Trump’s America And Going To Space On Virgin Galactic
- At least they picked their tents up! Campers leave pockmarked field after Glastonbury ends as droves begin clean-up of sea of bottles and food waste despite festival going 'plastic-free'
Jeremy Corbyn: 'Many many inaccuracies' in Panorama's probe into Labour antisemitism have 395 words, post on news.sky.com at July 13, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.