Turning 60 is undoubtedly moving on to part two of the adventure but Roisin Meaney is convinced she still has plenty more to offer as a writer and a person.In September I will be coming face to face with what Ronan Collins politely calls a roundy birthday. Now, I’m no stranger to roundy birthdays, my spring chicken days being well behind me, but up to this I’ve laughed them off and moved on without any major trauma. Only a number, I tell myself – but for some reason, this particular number is giving me slightly more pause for thought, and I think I’ve figured out why. For the first time, as I blow out the candles (the many, many candles), I’ll know for certain that I have passed the halfway mark. You might argue that my last roundy birthday would have delivered that message loud and clear – how many people actually make it to a hundred? – but I’m convinced I will. I fully intend to be among the select few who collect that cheque from Áras an Uachtarán, and I mean to go on collecting it for as many years after that as I can possibly manage. That said, even I’m not… Read full this story
- Greta Thunberg REFUSES to accept £40,000 environmental award, saying: 'The climate movement does not need awards... we need politicians to listen to science'
- House of Lords wants to rein in big tech with a new 'Digital Authority'
- Microsoft to target Chromebooks with new Windows Lite OS, report says
- Call It 'The Fenty Effect': Dior Launches a New 40-Shade Foundation Range
- GM's Slow Rollout Of New Trucks Was Actually Good, Says GM
- Handmaid's Tale author Margaret Atwood says Star Wars inspired 9/11
- 40 Ways White People Say 'White People' Without Actually Saying 'White People'
- Roku’s new $40 Premiere is the cheapest 4K streaming player you can buy
- Rob Ford has “lost the moral authority to lead,” says Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong
- One Democrat could surge to front of primary pack thanks to new ad campaign, Frank Luntz says
Is 60 really the new 40? Author Roisin Meaney has her say have 345 words, post on www.irishexaminer.com at July 10, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.