Airbnb has allowed us to stay in some pretty wacky places since its inception, from majestic treehouses to abandoned caves – but this listing could be the pick of the bunch.
The accommodation booking service is offering the chance to stay in a giant wooden pig which has been converted into a glamping pod, making for the perfect summer sty-cation – and it’s right on our doostep.
People who stay at the Trojan Pig, which is based in a countryside location in Bishopsworth, are treated to a case of ice-cold pink cider on arrival from esteemed cider makers Orchard Pig, who own the quirky B&B.
The glamping pod is perfect for a camping trip for two, but Orchard Pig say it can comfortably fit 12 inside – and it is also mobile which means it can be moved to the location of your choice, equipped with all the camping essentials.
Orchard Pig’s brand manager Rhona Fyfe said: “Everyone loves a taste of the countryside, but we know it’s not always easy to get to, and the old-school camping experience isn’t always glamorous.
“That’s why we’re turning glamping into glamPIG – bringing flavours of the farmlands to wherever you desire, complete with sleeping bags, facilities and of course plenty of Orchard Pig Pink cider to quench your thirst.
“We promise that you’ll never experience anything like it – prepare for a night sleeping inside a giant pink wooden PIG – that’s something to snout about.”
Rhona added that the Trojan Pig has no bells or whistles, it’s all about ‘the real countryside experience and embracing the outdoors’.
The listing can be found on Airbnb’s website and will be available on selected dates over the summer, but demand is expected to be high so you’ll need to be quick if you want to experience it for yourself.
Our top What’s On stories
Get all the latest news from in and around the city on the Bristol Live homepage
- Fifty per cent chance of snow forecast for Bristol this month
- Noel Edmonds' Facebook rant, Bristol underground and Weston A&E
- Look inside one of Bristol's biggest derelict eyesores
- Marvin Rees on the future of proposed South Bristol Ring Road
- Met Office issues another weather warning for Bristol
- Bristol eyesore is finally going to be demolished
- Thousands sign petition to stop animal testing at Bristol university
- What the Met Office and BBC now say about snow in Bristol
- This 'garden cabin' is up for rent in Bristol
- Weather warning issued as temperatures to plummet overnight