Doctors surgeries are finding it increasingly more difficult to attract young doctors, a Suffolk GP has warned Picture: GETTY IMAGES/iSTOCKPHOTO The doctor shortage crisis is “deepening” according to a GP as partnerships are finding it increasingly more difficult to recruit young doctors. Dr John Havard says the doctor shortage crisis is ‘deepening’ Picture: SARAH LUCY BROWNDr John Havard, GP at Saxmundham Health, said GP Partnerships were the ‘lifeblood of the NHS’ but are facing mounting pressure as their workload increases.In January we revealed that Ipswich and East Suffolk CCG was ranked 11th in the UK for patient-GP ratios, with an estimated 2,168 patients per GP while north East Essex CCG ranked 16th, with 2,089 patients per GP – both above the national average of 1,734.Dr Havard said that every person in the UK sees their GP more than twice as often as they used to a decade ago which, alongside an aging population and the transfer of more hospital work to GP practices, has lead to a surge in demand.”General Practice is not as attractive as it once was and virtually every practice nationally is looking for new GPs,” he said.Dr Paul Driscoll, Medical Director for Suffolk GP Federation Picture:… Read full this story
- Coronavirus Q&A: What does Covid-19 alert level 3 mean for primary schools?
- Ferrari suffer worst result for a decade after torrid Belgian GP
- Martin Brundle column: On the Belgian GP and Ferrari's pained fall
- Italian GP: From Valtteri Bottas to Ferrari, stories that will define race
- Honor’s outdoor Watch GS will get you home even when your phone’s GPS gives up
- Italian GP driver ratings
- How Meru Cabs uses technology innovation to race ahead of competition
- Coronavirus: Is risk from Covid-19 higher during pregnancy?
- How coronavirus is changing NHS technology
- Heart failure takes five times longer to diagnose in women than men- report
How long does it take for your to see your GP? have 311 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.