Doctors surgeries are finding it increasingly more difficult to attract young doctors, a Suffolk GP has warned Picture: GETTY IMAGES/iSTOCKPHOTO The doctor shortage crisis is “deepening” according to a GP as partnerships are finding it increasingly more difficult to recruit young doctors. Dr John Havard says the doctor shortage crisis is ‘deepening’ Picture: SARAH LUCY BROWNDr John Havard, GP at Saxmundham Health, said GP Partnerships were the ‘lifeblood of the NHS’ but are facing mounting pressure as their workload increases.In January we revealed that Ipswich and East Suffolk CCG was ranked 11th in the UK for patient-GP ratios, with an estimated 2,168 patients per GP while north East Essex CCG ranked 16th, with 2,089 patients per GP – both above the national average of 1,734.Dr Havard said that every person in the UK sees their GP more than twice as often as they used to a decade ago which, alongside an aging population and the transfer of more hospital work to GP practices, has lead to a surge in demand.”General Practice is not as attractive as it once was and virtually every practice nationally is looking for new GPs,” he said.Dr Paul Driscoll, Medical Director for Suffolk GP Federation Picture:… Read full this story
- Volcano Watch: Why does lava thickness matter?
- Wife discovers husband’s long-term infidelity, inflicts pain on entire family
- Carolyn Hax: Wife discovers husband's long-term infidelity, inflicts pain on entire family
- DOE fires school bus transportation chief after useless-GPS debacle
- Hart mothers drugged, killed children by driving off cliff, jury rules
- New leads emerge in 2016 drive-by slaying of 2-year-old Le'Vonte King Jason Jones
- UTMD Reports Audited Year 2018 and Fourth Quarter Financial Performance
- Murder in hospital parking garage shows danger. FBI confirms the risk.
- 'In plain sight, and nobody had seen it'
- POLITICO Playbook: DNC convention buzz …
How long does it take for your to see your GP? have 301 words, post on www.eadt.co.uk at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.