Housing helps gives Northern Ireland building sector a boost BelfastTelegraph.co.uk Construction activity in Northern Ireland surged by 7.6% in the first quarter of 2019 compared to a year earlier, according to a new report. https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/northern-ireland/housing-helps-gives-northern-ireland-building-sector-a-boost-38325536.html Email Construction activity in Northern Ireland surged by 7.6% in the first quarter of 2019 compared to a year earlier, according to a new report. The construction bulletin from the Northern Ireland Statistics and Research Agency (Nisra) also said the volume of output rose by 2.3% during January to March, compared to the final quarter of 2018. Nisra said the performance marked an extended upward trend since the last quarter of 2013, though there had been some fluctuations. The rise in output quarter-on-quarter was driven by new work, which made up the bulk of construction output. However, there was a strong increase of 7.7% in housing output, while other work climbed by 0.9% and infrastructure rose by 0.7%. Robert Gibson, director for audit and assurance at business advisory firm Grant Thornton, said: “The fact that output in the construction sector increased in the first quarter of the year, both in relation to the previous three months and compared to the same period in 2018, is… Read full this story
- De Blasio reveals Trump has now sent 4,000 ventilators to New York as military builds a temporary morgue outside a hospital to deal with soaring infections and projections reveal city's death rate could double every two days
- 'Is anyone NOT a key worker?': Britons are left confused by government's list of people vital to coronavirus crisis - including vicars and funeral directors - leaving parents asking 'what the hell was the point in shutting schools?'
- Coronavirus latest: Merkel speaks of greatest post-war challenge
- Coronavirus: Germany shuts down borders, halts public life
- Coronavirus latest: Italy suffers through highest daily death toll
Housing helps gives Northern Ireland building sector a boost have 308 words, post on www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk at July 19, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.