Share Tweet Email Sports Share: Share Tweet Email Share: Share Tweet Email ESPN By The 2019 Arizona Diamondbacks had the bad fortune to be born in the same division as theLos Angeles Dodgers. The Diamondbacks have had plenty of good surprises this year, and they have the third-best run differential in the National League. They’re also 15 games out of first place, as the Dodgers are on pace to win 104 games. According to FanGraphs’ playoff odds, the Diamondbacks haven’t had better than a 5% chance to win the NL West at any point this season, and they hit 0.0% on June 4.But the rest of the National League (and Ketel Marte) have kept Arizona in the middle of a playoff race nevertheless. The Diamondbacks are 3.5 games behind the second wild-card spot, and their chances of claiming a playoff spot are somewhere from 10% to 50%, depending on which baseball stats site you go to. The question that will hang over the trade deadline the next three days — for the Diamondbacks and at least six other teams directly and for the rest of baseball indirectly — is how much that wild-card spot is worth.Last week, when the Diamondbacks… Read full this story
- Push for the Playoffs: Can Wild keep playoff hopes alive?
- Koivu scores twice as Wild beat shorthanded Blue Jackets 5-4
- What the U.S. Olympic diving team could look like in 2021
- Ranking 10 NBA teams with the brightest futures, and how well other franchises are set up for success
- NFL teams have found today's stars through the draft over the last 10 years
- Inside the Wild, Wacky, Profitable World of Boing Boing
- True or False: Addressing 2020's wild NFL Draft narratives
- Vulnerable ‘stay up until 3am’ to book supermarket delivery slot due to selfish shoppers hogging spots
- 2020 NFL Draft: Redskins reportedly listening to calls from teams interested in trading up to No. 2
- FIFA 20 TOTW Moments 6: all players included in the 6th Team of the Week Moments from 2nd April
Hey, bubble teams: How much is a wild-card spot worth? have 320 words, post on abc7news.com at July 29, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.