After his dazzling performance against Bayern Munich in the International Champions Cup on his Real Madrid debut, Eden Hazard already appears capable of providing what Los Blancos had been so desperately missing last season.
The Belgian’s performance suggests that he is ready to become Real Madrid‘s attacking catalyst and take on the levels of responsibility that Cristiano Ronaldo assumed in his days at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu.
Zinedine Zidane‘s men lacked sharpness and creativity last campaign and the Frenchman must now feel, after Hazard’s debut display, that he can be the new fulcrum in attack, like the Portuguese superstar used to be.
Karim Benzema took up the mantle last season to some degree of success after Gareth Bale was frozen out of the first eleven, but Hazard’s unique skill set makes him tailor-made to help take Madrid back to the top.
The former Chelsea No.10 only played 45 minutes but was a serious threat to Bayern as he frequently managed to gluide in behind the defence as only he knows how, in spite of being so closely marshalled by the Bavarian backline.
- Transfer Rumors: Jose Mourinho 'one Game from the Sack', Real Madrid Target Man City Star
- Eden Hazard transfer rumors: Real Madrid or new deal at Chelsea?
- Kylian Mbappe transfer rumors: Chelsea next?
- Ranked Halep brimming with confidence heading into US Open
- Manhattan prosecutors reportedly considering criminal charges against Trump Organization
- Coconut oil is pure poison: Harvard professor
- Ronaldo shoots another blank as Juventus beat Lazio 2-0
- Liverpool to face PSG, Napoli and Red Star in Champions League
- Manchester United lacked quality, not desire
- What is Russia's GRU military intelligence agency?