NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg has decided to appoint Romanian ex-foreign minister Mircea Geoana as the next Deputy Secretary General, to take up his post in mid-October 2019.
He will replace Rose Gottemoeller from the United States, who took up her position in October 2016.
Geoana is the founder and president of the non-profit association Aspen Institute Romania. He also served as President of the Romanian Senate and Romania’s Ambassador to the United States.
- US deputy attorney general just called for 'responsible encryption.' Don't fall for it.
- Australia works on NATO cybersecurity
- NATO decides cyber attacks could trigger collective defence clause
- NATO updates cyber defence policy as digital attacks become a standard part of conflict
- Cyberattacks threaten democracy itself, warns NATO
- Trump's Pick For Defense Secretary Breaks With Him On F-35, Russia And NATO
- What Happens If The U.S. Doesn't Step Up To Defend NATO
- Microsoft signs deal to let NATO check its products for backdoors
- NATO: 'New realities' make internet a potential front line in conflict
- Via Facebook: NATO Commander reveals plans to end Libya mission