Want to read more?
We value our content and access to our full site is only available on subscription. Your subscription entitles you to 7-day-a-week access to our website, plus a full digital copy of that week’s paper to read on your pc/mac or mobile device In addition your subscription includes access to digital archive copies from 2006 onwards
More than 4,000 people went to Inveraray Highland Games in the grounds of Inveraray Castle, at Winterton Park on a sunny Tuesday.
So too did the Band of Her Majesty’s Royal Marines Scotland, special guests at the games for 2019. Campbeltown’s Frank Rochford was among the band’s members.
Frank, aged 25, attended Campbeltown Grammar School and is a former member of Kintyre Schools Pipe Band.
As usual, the games attracted visitors from all across the world; some to compete in the track and field and heavy athletics and also the dancing, others just to watch the fun.
- An Ignoble End to a Great Ship - HMS Indomitable (Part 2)
- Mariners a Solid Bet
- Would You Live in the Rainbow Explosion That Is the Hotels.com Lisa Frank SponCon Flat?
- Marine Corps Identical Twins Cross Paths in Iraq
- What Happened to the Marines?
- Hello From Nova Scotia - Driving on the Evangeline Trail From Annapolis Royal to Yarmouth
- Marin County, California
- Musicians: How to Look for Band Members
- Prince Harry chokes up at the WellChild Awards as he talks about becoming a father - while Meghan Markle joins him on stage and re-wears her engagement dress
- Choosing a Jazz Band for Your Party