A trio of Alford Wheelers headed to Long Bennington for a 10-mile time trial and all had excellent rides. First home for the club was Ed Kaye in 20 mins 50 secs, followed home by Craig Lamb (21.34), then Paul Ripley (22.44) in a high-calibre event, won in a phenomenal time of 18.01.Alford’s latest Tuesday league race was held on the Gunby course. A very competitive race attracted a field of 14, topped by Mark Hill in a time of 23min 20secs.Junior rider Jensen Windsor clocked 23.28 for second place, holding off the power of Paul Ripley (23.40). On Sunday, Sleaford Wheelers held their memorial charity event in memory of Nev Crane, one of the county’s top riders in his heyday.Seven Alford club riders took part in the 25-mile time trial, led home by Ed Kaye in 56min 46secs, Paul Ripley (1hr 01min 05secs), and Pete Odling (1.03.10). The remaining four riders all had great rides, including Windsor, a second claim rider for the Wheelers, who recorded a great 1.10.23 in his first 25 TT. The Alford Wheelers hold their 10-mile time trial championship on Thursday from 7pm on the Bilsby course.
- Bradley Wiggins joins Team Sky on four-year-deal
- Team Sky back Dave Brailsford amid suggestions of growing rider unrest
- 'Peter Kay called me to help write and star in Car Share when I worked in a call centre'
- RICHARD KAY: Did Boris Johnson fall victim to the No10 'machismo culture'?
- Peter Kay's Car Share audio episode, review: Wit and warmth in crowd-pleasing return for commuting couple
- Inside Peter Kay's two years away - 'hiding in Ireland' and raising thousands for sick kids
- ‘Car Share’ Returns: Peter Kay Writes Special Audio Episode Of Hit BBC Comedy To “Cheer People Up”
- Ritesh Sidhwani – The Excel-Lent Producer Across The Big Screen & OTT Space!
- Jennifer Garner and son Samuel don masks for LA bike ride... after she shared his coronavirus haiku
- Kiwi diabetic cyclist Hamish Beadle 'living the dream' riding bikes for professional team
Excellent rides but Kaye leads the team have 328 words, post on www.skegnessstandard.co.uk at July 17, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.