The Duchess of Sussex reportedly wants to adopt a rescue dog.
It’s said that Prince Harry’s wife – who was known as Meghan Markle before marrying the British royal last May at Windsor Castle – is keen for their son Archie to have the joys of growing up with a loyal best friend, and she is planning to look at various rescue centers to find the suitable pooch.
A source told The Sun: “Rescue dogs are a huge passion for her so the pull to adopt rather than buy a puppy is far stronger.
“Meghan really wants a dog with whom Archie can associate his childhood. She hopes they strike up an incredible bond and Archie can make plenty of memories.”
It was previously claimed that the couple’s baby – whose full name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor – may have been named after Duchess Meghan’s pet cat
A former close friend said: “[Her mother Doria] rescued Archie and he became an important part of the household. Meghan loved playing with him and she was always talking about him to her friends.
“It’s no surprise she named her new baby Archie. She loved that cat.”
Meghan’s moggy, who is thought to have died while she was at college in Illinois, is said to have been named after a comic book character, flame-haired teen Archie Andrews, who she used to read about in comics collected with her father Thomas Markle.
The pal added: “She would spend her weekends going to vintage stores to buy the comics.
“This could be a little nod to her dad. It was him who instilled that hobby into her, that was their activity together. He would drive her around and also surprise her with vintage volumes. She had at least 100. This may be a way to reach out to her dad, even after all that’s happened.”
- Meghan Markle Has Her Cutest Outing Ever — with Rescue Dogs!
- Rescue Dog That Stole Meghan Markle's Heart Has Already Found a Forever Home
- Meet Kasey! Puppy Mill Survivor and Winner of the World’s Cutest Rescue Dog Contest
- Terminally Ill Woman Plans to Marry Her Rescue Dog in 'Big Italian Wedding' For Charity
- Coors Light Wants to Set You Up with the Perfect Valentine's Day Date — a Free Rescue Dog!
- Prince Charles praises ‘remarkable’ Greta Thunberg as he says he doesn’t want Prince George and Archie ‘to accuse me of not doing something’ on climate change and humanity ‘simply cannot waste any more time’
- Queen Elizabeth Requests Meghan Markle, Prince Harry & Baby Archie's Return to U.K. for Royal Event
- Shelter Dogs with Adoption Fees Covered by Chiefs Player Get Food Donations from Rachael Ray
- 'It's a masterclass in wanting to have your cake and eat it’: Furious Buckingham Palace aides turn on Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after they stun the Queen by ‘pressing the nuclear button’ and quitting the Royal Family
- Pregnant Meghan Markle Was Called a 'Fat Lady' at Animal Shelter — and Her Response Was Perfection
Duchess Meghan 'wants to adopt rescue dog for Archie' have 496 words, post on www.kpcnews.com at July 8, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.