Drivers were currently stuck in gridlocked traffic after barriers at a level crossing failed.
Traffic in west Hull was queuing as the level crossing in St George’s Road became stuck. Traffic was affected from Selby Street to Zetland Street.
It had cleared by 8pm.
Traffic management system Inrix said at the time: “Queuing traffic due to level crossing failure on St Georges Road in both directions from Selby Street to Zetland Street.
“Engineers on route, however currently no traffic can pass the level crossing.”
It is not yet known if this is causing further problems at nearby level crossings or train services.
Keep up to date with this incident by following our dedicated live blog below.
Follow Hull Live
Our daily newsletter – To get the latest headlines direct to your email inbox every day, click here .
Follow Hull Live on Facebook – Like our Facebook page to get the latest news in your feed and join in the lively discussions in the comments. Click here to give it a like!
Follow us on Twitter – For breaking news and the latest stories, click here to follow Hull Live on Twitter.
Follow us on Instagram – On the Hull Live Instagram page we share gorgeous pictures of our stunning city – and if you tag us in your posts, we could repost your picture on our page! We also put the latest news in our Instagram Stories. Click here to follow Hull Live on Instagram .
Level crossing now open
- A63 Roger Millward Way busy but moving at A1165 Great Union Street (Roger Millward Way roundabout).
- One lane closed due to roadworks on A15 Humber Bridge Northbound from A1077 Ferriby Road to A164 (Humberfield Roundabout).
- One lane closed due to roadworks on A63 Castle Street in both directions between Waterhouse Lane (Princess Quay Shopping Centre) and Market Place.
- Chapman Street in both directions (Sculcoates bridge) closed due to bridge maintenance work between A1165 Cleveland Street and Swann Street.
Current traffic in St Georges Road
The barriers failed
The barriers failed just before 6.30pm
- Bizarre moment a livid pedestrian lies down in front of a van to get back at the driver for stopping on a crossing as furious motorists beep their horns
- WATCH: CCTV of drivers dicing with death at level crossings
- Complained-about level crossings will now be 'monitored'
- Police issue statement on serious A63 crash as drivers trapped
- Man, 47, killed on bike at level crossing
- Thousands stuck in gridlocked traffic
- Driver trapped in crash wreckage taken to Derriford
- Driver trapped after car flips onto its side in crash in Bispham
- Car crashes into a tree leaving driver trapped inside
- Woman fatally injured crossing a Lake City street where community members had long pushed for a crosswalk