Docomo Pacific has been selected by U.S. telecom giant AT&T to help support the deployment of the FirstNet network platform in both Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. FirstNet, America’s public safety communications platform, delivers a single, nationwide network platform that’s purpose-built to enhance communications across the entire public safety community. FirstNet is available to all first responders — career and volunteer, urban, rural or tribal. It helps first responders connect to the critical information they need every day and in every emergency. FirstNet is being built with AT&T in a public-private partnership with the First Responder Network Authority, an independent agency within the federal government. Roderick Boss, Docomo Pacific president and CEO, said that with both Guam and the CNMI regularly hit by typhoons, the key to staying ready and responding is effective and reliable communication, which is what FirstNet is designed to enable for the region’s first responders. Based on the collaboration with AT&T, Docomo Pacific will provide access to its existing LTE network coverage and capacity while helping to build out additional LTE coverage with the FirstNet Band 14 spectrum. According to Boss, FirstNet will help transform the way Guam and CNMI’s public safety… Read full this story
- Navy Seeks More Funding to Combat China Pacific Threats
- Guam and Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) Employers Beware: H-1B and H-2B Exemptions End Dec. 31
- Employers in CNMI Facing H-Visa Numerical Cap Issues Should Explore the CW Visa Program
- Prolific Defendant Conflicts Out Entire CNMI Bar; US Territory's Court May Fly in Guam Attorney
- Telecom Alert: July 10, 2017 - FCC Rejects IMSA Part 90 Proposal; Unlawful Tower Transactions; E-Rate Update; FirstNet Update;
- Has FirstNet Rebranded AT&T’s Network as the Nationwide Public Safety Broadband Network?
- FirstNet Issues its Long Awaited RFP to Build and Operate a Nationwide Broadband Public Safety Network
- Telecom Alert, April 10, 2017 - 3.65 Public Notice; FirstNet, AT&T Ensure Preemption for Opt-In States; Auction Task Force & BDAC Members Announced; WiMax Forum Petition for Rulemaking; NTIA Workshop; Connected Product Intensive
- 3.65 Comments Extended; FirstNet 2016 Consultation; Municipal Broadband; M&A Compliance
- Telecom Alert: June 26, 2017 - Robocall NOI; FCC Budget Hearing; FirstNet Update; Petition for Rulemaking in 3700-4200 MHz Band;
Docomo Pacific tapped for FirstNet deployment on Guam, CNMI have 380 words, post on pacificnewscenter.com at July 23, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.