Docomo Pacific has been selected by U.S. telecom giant AT&T to help support the deployment of the FirstNet network platform in both Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.
FirstNet, America’s public safety communications platform, delivers a single, nationwide network platform that’s purpose-built to enhance communications across the entire public safety community.
FirstNet is available to all first responders — career and volunteer, urban, rural or tribal. It helps first responders connect to the critical information they need every day and in every emergency.
FirstNet is being built with AT&T in a public-private partnership with the First Responder Network Authority, an independent agency within the federal government.
Roderick Boss, Docomo Pacific president and CEO, said that with both Guam and the CNMI regularly hit by typhoons, the key to staying ready and responding is effective and reliable communication, which is what FirstNet is designed to enable for the region’s first responders.
Based on the collaboration with AT&T, Docomo Pacific will provide access to its existing LTE network coverage and capacity while helping to build out additional LTE coverage with the FirstNet Band 14 spectrum.
According to Boss, FirstNet will help transform the way Guam and CNMI’s public safety and emergency officials share information quickly when they need to most. It will also ensure that public safety officials are equipped and have the necessary tools to communicate with the community.
Docomo Pacific is also an authorized member of AT&T’s FirstNet Dealer Program, which means it can sell FirstNet services to eligible current and future public safety customers.
- Pika Best of Guam 2019: Island services
- Funding for US border wall being diverted from Guam
- Guam avoids severe coral bleaching predicted for this year
- Congress to Guam veterans: Better health care coming
- Governor seeks Medicaid funding extension for Guam
- TakeCare: Guam law gives GRMC improper authority
- What's closed on Guam because of Super Typhoon Hagibis
- Pika Best of Guam 2019: Entertainment
- Guam Brewery has officially launched operations on the island.
- Judges from Pacific islands attend education workshop on Guam