John Bacon USA TODAY Published 10:19 AM EDT Jul 28, 2019 Russi Taylor, the voice of Minnie Mouse since 1986 who also starred in “The Simpsons,” has died in California at age 75, Walt Disney Co. announced. Taylor, a native of Cambridge, Massachusetts, died Friday, Disney CEO Bob Iger said. “Minnie Mouse lost her voice with the passing of Russi Taylor,” Iger said in a statement. “For more than 30 years, Minnie and Russi worked together to entertain millions around the world—a partnership that made Minnie a global icon and Russi a Disney Legend beloved by fans everywhere.” Taylor, a native of Cambridge, Massachusetts, beat out 200 candidates to win the role as Minnie’s voice. Her voice reigned in hundreds of television shows, theme park rides, animated shorts, and theatrical films. She worked in several Disney TV shows, including Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and a Mickey Mouse shorts series for Disney Channel that debuted in 2013. In 1991, Taylor married Wayne Allwine, who had voiced Mickey Mouse since 1977. Allwine died in 2009. In 2018, Taylor was nominated for an Emmy for her efforts as Minnie. “We’re so grateful for Russi’s talent as well as the tremendous spirit and great joy she brought to everything she did,” Iger… Read full this story
- Katy Perry models Marilyn Monroe hairdo and lei as she poses with Minnie Mouse and goofs off with Ryan Seacrest at Disney resort in Hawaii
- Shocking moment woman dressed as Minnie Mouse attacks a security guard on the Las Vegas strip - before Mickey and Goofy try and pull her away
- Katy Perry is a tropical bombshell as she hits up Disney's Aulani resort in Hawaii for American Idol
- Disney offer extra 10% off half price sale - and prices start from 80p
- Patrick Mahomes' Girlfriend Brittany Matthews 'Beyond Proud' of Him, Reveals Disney World Photos
- Disney Paid $75 Million For Worldwide Movie Rights To Lin-Manuel Miranda’s ‘Hamilton’; Biggest Film Acquisition Deal Ever?
- 'Do not deify him, he was not a god': Disney heiress goes on 24-tweet rant blasting Kobe Bryant over his 2003 rape allegations after saying 'he was a rapist. Deal with it'
- Cameron Boyce, Disney Channel star, dies at 20 from "ongoing medical condition"
- Miss Americana Documentary Review: Taylor Swift Plans To Empower To The Young With Her Music
- Blake Lively has a hair twinning moment with this iconic Disney character!
Disney's Minnie Mouse voice, Russi Taylor, dies at 75 have 385 words, post on eu.usatoday.com at July 28, 2019. This is cached page on Europe Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.