One of the island’s business organisations is planning an important update meeting.
The event is topically called: ’Preparing for Brexit: Meet the UK’s new Prime Minister.’
A spokesman for the Isle of Man Business Network said a a lot has changed since the group brought its last update on Brexit in October last year.
’The withdrawal agreement has been finalised, yet despite several attempts, it remains unratified, and as a result the date set for the UK to leave the EU has been extended until October 31.
’The ensuing deadlock in Westminster has triggered a leadership contest, which is due to be settled towards the end of July, yet with both candidates refusing to rule out a ’’no deal exit’’, uncertainty continues.
’To understand what this may mean for the Isle of Man, we are teaming up once again with the Department for Enterprise and Cabinet Office, to provide our members and the wider business community with the latest news, analysis and opinion on the UK’s withdrawal from the EU, at the Sefton Hotel on Thursday, August 1.’
Featuring a panel of Government representatives, the session will include a frank discussion around the bigger picture implications of Brexit, the state of play in the negotiation process, and what the new Prime Minister means for the road ahead.
There will be plenty of scope to ask questions and raise any concerns which may impact on your sector or business area.
David Corlett, head of Brexit team, Cabinet Office
Peter Boxer, executive director of External Relations, Cabinet Office
Sandra Skuszka, collector of Customs and Excise, Treasury
Michael Crowe, chief executive, Isle of Man Finance.
Here are the timings for the event.
7.30am: Breakfast bar and informal networking
8am: Presentation and Panel question and answer session
The spokesman added: ’With thanks to the Department for Enterprise and Cabinet Office who’ve generously sponsored this event, and for continuing to work with the Business Network as a forum to deliver legal and regulatory news affecting today’s business environment to the Isle of Man business community.
- Goldman Sachs Boss Admits He Got it Wrong on Brexit… ‘UK Should Remain Europe’s Financial Centre’
- Galaxy Note 8 Oreo update released in the UK for unlocked units
- GTA Online’s free Business Update content drop is for the professionals
- Apple may announce a small business support plan at tomorrow's iPad event
- Huawei announces update plans for Android Nougat and EMUI 5.0
- Eidos Montreal Confirms ‘Deus Ex’ Plans Amid Work On ‘Tomb Raider’ Game
- BlackBerry boss says he doesn’t want to be dependent on handset business (updated)
- Spotify plans to join the hardware race, but what can it offer?
- Comments for : HTC officially confirms Jelly Bean update plans for HTC One X, One XL and One S
- LG officially announces shutdown of plasma display business – Update