The burst water main has “completely flooded” a busy road leaving it impassable.
The incident is on the A388 at St Mellion – which is the main road connecting Callington with the A38 at Saltash.
Traffic monitoring service Inrix reports that the road is now closed in both directions.
Its latest update – posted at 7.20am on Monday, July 22 – says: “A388 in both directions closed due to burst water main around St Mellion roundabout.
“A burst water main has caused the road to be completely flooded with parts of the road damaged. Diversion – via A390 and A38.”
Traffic is reported to be coping well but there could be a few delays during this morning’s rush hour.
We’ll be bringing you updates on this incident in the live blog below. Scroll down to see the latest.
Want more news?
- Rotterdam water main break closes road
- Traffic alert: Water main break closes road in Winfield
- Water main break causes road to buckle in Mount Prospect
- Major water main break shuts down busy Newton street
- Water main break damages street near Boone Hospital
- Dorchester water main break repaired
- Two water main breaks, rain open up massive hole in S.C. road
- Update: Water Main Repaired, Service Restored
- Federal money fixing flood damaged roads
- Thursday's Traffic: Water main repairs make for slow traffic